Monday, May 23, 2005

i've been bad

well spank my bottom and call me naughty, i've been using my blog in a very detached and superficial sort of way... i'm sorry...

not that that apology is for all you people out there reading MY blog, rather, it's for me for failing to utilize this thing for what it's probably best at - a dumping ground for everything going on in my head... i spend far too much time trawling the web for crazy/cool crap (some of which i post about - occasionally) and i need to reclaim some of that time as well as some of my headspace and writing things down should help with the headspace part (isn't that what journals, online or otherwise, are all about?)...

i heard once (i don't know if this is true but let's say it is) that socrates said that the trouble with being able to read and write is that it gives us the luxury of forgetting - well socrates, i'm turning a weakness into a strength, a problem into a solution (sun tzu would be proud, i'm sure), i'm going to write stuff down specifically so that i can forget it... moving stuff out of my head should free up resources to think about new things...

No comments: